Wednesday 6 November 2013

Comic Influence

     Reflecting on my past research has encouraged me to think a little on the story and style of my game outside this one particular scene. I have always quite enjoyed comic book style art and to see this influence in the artwork for my inspiration game has encouraged me to consider this style around my project, even if we do not see this directly in my scene. I considered the possibility that my character would be joined on specific dates of their life when significant events are occurring. We would join the character as they awake and each time there would be perhaps a written or spoken narrative bringing the player up to speed. I feel like this additional story element would be the perfect accompaniment to the character I am trying to entwine within this environment.
     A good indication of the kind of effect this would have can be found in this video compiling the narration of Max Payne 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeEmGqmQ5FM
     As I said whilst this feature wouldn't be easy to highlight when building my 3D environment I think it may lend itself as artistic influence towards things such as my design document.

No comments:

Post a Comment