Wednesday 3 April 2013

Personal Statement

In our last CS session we were told to write our own 200 word personal statement ready for when we returned to uni. Here's what I've got:

"I took on games art and design because to me it seemed like the next level in art. Where a painting could visually describe a character to us and a film could tell us their story, a game goes one step further and can let us control that characters actions and narrate their story ourselves.
     I began as someone who's artwork consisted mainly of drawing, and who only really enjoyed character art. However game art has opened new interests for me and things such as environments, which I was reluctant to draw, are now enjoyable and far more fascinating to me within the world of 3D modelling.
     I like working on a project as part of a team and seeing how the constant reviewing and negotiating of ideas leads to the final result. However I also enjoy working alone and the freedom that comes with this, I tend to find my work most enjoyable when this is the case.
     Whilst it is great to have complete freedom, I feel my best work happens when constraints are applied. Whether this is a limit of time or subject matter, having to work whilst being judged under these parameters, encourages me more then anything else to create work that I can be proud of.






































No comments:

Post a Comment