Wednesday 13 March 2013

BA6 Begins

    Last Monday we had a session with our tutor Nigel who will be head of out next project. One of the major things I learnt from the last project was that the best way to get past aspects of this course that I am nervous about is to work around it as a project. For this reason I intend to make character modelling a major feature of the next project.
     Initially I was considering a character from our BA4 project to create however my attention has been diverted from this somewhat. I recently began replaying the game "Fallout 3" and "Fallout New Vegas". On top of this a group of friends and I also went to a fancy dress at the uni bar dressed as fallout characters. Further more I have also recently been watching the Mad Max films. All this post apocalyptic narrative has made me want to do a character based around this. Interestingly this idea of the world running out of resources and the future of humanity came up in an argument at the last family meal I went to. I found it fascinating listening to peoples future predictions and then comparing them to what I think the reality might be like. This can be seen with many films such as "Back to the Future 2" where the reality of the future is vastly different to the way it is portrayed in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment