Thursday 28 March 2013

Weapon designing

     I found using the silhouettes for the character design pretty useful so I decided to do the same for weapon design. Part of my learning agreement was to create at least one weapon for my character. Another book that I am currently reading: "Maya Studio Projects- Game Environments and Props" covers a gun modelling module.

 Here I can learn about high and low poly modelling, and also about some of the animation for the object. The object modeled is a hand gun whilst for obvious reason I do not wish to completely copy the process in the book, I wish for my own piece to look original, I would like it to have familiarity to the books example just so I can follow their process relatively easily. Therefore I will be modeling some variant of a one handed gun. My favourite guns in the fallout game are the mechanical ones as opposed to energy weapons (which fire laser beams etc.) therefor I have listed some of my favourite handguns that fall into this category.

10mm Pistol

Scopes


Revolver

Snub Nose

Sawn Off Shotgun

SMG


As with the characters I have made a page of different silhouettes that uses these sources as inspiration.


    I have decided to go with the snub nose design (top left) I like its small size and practicality, furthermore its firing mechanism is the same as that in the book I am using as a guide which will make it easier to follow. I will now begin the modelling process.

No comments:

Post a Comment