Sunday 10 February 2013

Contextual catch up.


We had a meeting last week with Sharon to discuss our contextual studies and how we have progressed so far with this. We were asked to evaluate what kind of essay we would need to write to suit our question. I decided mine was mostly a focus upon a change in industry but it would be required to mention how this has been made possible through changing technology, as I am focusing on the way that game saving has changed the nature of gaming.
     Some important points I am looking at are:
-Consoles with no saves eg.sega

-The mentality these were played with ie. short and snappy/time kill

-The difference now- long spanning story lines, previously impossible

-The use of pass codes cheats, returning to an achieved level vs. modern day cheats for fun. Such as the no gravity cheat for gta.                                                                                                      

- Autosaving
-Transfering game details to its sequel
-Game breaking through bad save choices

I have my ideas mapped out but I am yet to start the bulk of my writing therefore more work on this will be occuring and a rapid pace over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment