Wednesday 13 February 2013

Tank Research

I have been looking at extensively at images of tauchpanzers to help me with texturing it, and also to influence some touch ups to the model.

I have found in particular that model kits of these tanks have been particularly useful for establishing some of the key features of the tank. Whilst useful to a point a lot of the photographs of this type of tank tend to be very old and poor quality, and therefore very difficult to establish detail from. Another good thing is that model making is usually such a serious and painstaking hobby that the models tend to be very accurate and are therefore fantastic resources.

There are a lot of different versions and additional features for this tank so it is important to look at as many different versions as possible to get the right idea for my model.

This image shows some of the waterproofing that can appear on the tanks. It would have been really nice for this project to include some fabrics and materials, however at this point I would not have the time to do this. However it is something I would like to try in a future project.

I found this uncompleted model was particularly useful when it came to building the wheel struts, as this was generally hidden from view in most of the images I have found. I feel that paying attention to some of these extra details, even if they are not immediately visible, contributes to making my model a little more realistic and impressive.

I need to come away from this project with the model version of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment