Thursday 16 May 2013

A Base To Call My Own

     I will be looking to have two examples of my model for hand in. The lower poly version that will be appearing in game, and the more aesthetic posed sculpt in Zbrush. For the latter I wanted to create a plinth in order to stand my character on.
     Interestingly Fallout contains little bobblehead statues in the game. Whilst I dont intend on making something identical it is fitting that my sculpt should be set up in a similar fashion. 
      Using the spotlight feature I was able to easily carve a biohazard symbol into the top of the base.
 Using rotational symmetry I was able to plane off some of the edges around the base and add a lip around the top.
  I used the slash brush to add damage to the base. This is in keeping with the kind of environment you tend to come across in the Fallout games. Again I used the spotlight tool this time to add a rocky surface texture to the base.
I positioned my model upon the base and then began posing it. I was then able to use the turntable feature in Zbrush and export directly as a .mov ready for my hand in folder. Using the guide in the book I had for this project, I attempted to add effects such as an outer glow, ambient occlusion and shadows to the model, however it does not seem to be working the way the guide stated. This is something I would like to get my head around for future work in Zbrush but with my deadline approaching I feel that I will have to settle for now with it as it stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment