Friday 24 February 2012

Mickey Rourke's Face

     As promised I spent a good week making full use of the Uni facilities to sculpt my mudbox character. At this point however my new computer has arrived so I also have the option of working on it at home now. This is the point I managed to get to within my college sessions
     The blue marks within the image shows where areas have been "frozen" in order to retain their likeness.
     The image above is what I have chosen to use for my reference pic. I chose a mugshot photo so as to give myself a decent front and side profile. I chose to sculpt the actor Mickey Rourke. The upside to this is that I have watched several of Rourke's films and should therefore be reasonably familiar with his appearance. The downside is that Mickey's face happens to be a vast collection of botched plastic surgery and severe facial trauma from  his boxing days, not completely unlike the aesthetic style one might expect were they to take a pack of bacon and mercilessly beat it for a good half hour using a crowbar and a rubber mallet. That said it made the task interesting to say the least. I had to also be aware that there is very little symmetry in his face, and therefore using the symmetry tool in Mudbox was largely not appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment