Friday 24 February 2012

Tweaking and Jumping

     I had another attempt with the animating in Maya. My first task was to tweak the walk cycle, adding additional hip, head movement etc. for a more realistic effect. I also edited the foot controls making sure they were flush with the ground whilst the chacter's foot is in contact. The picture below shows me going through this process- not that you can really tell. Still...It's the thought that counts.

      I then proceded to work on the jump cycle. In terms of progress this has been something of a mixed bag and there have been multiple failed attempts.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0m4GxSK2A   I tried to do something different to begin with and went for a backwards somersault. This was actually going pretty well whilst I was focusing on just the legs, once I started moving the arms however they started adjusting inbetween keyframes in a corkscrew style manner, which was somehow not fitting. My next attempt was a much simpler forward jump however, perhaps partly due to my inability to source a half decent reference, my attempt looked very jarring and unconvincing, to the point that I considered it would be more time efficient to start from scratch. I am now in the process of working on the new version. It is, thus far, much more successful then the previous attempts but not yet finished. Progress update to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment