Friday 24 February 2012

Walk Cycle

     My next step was to take a stab at creating the walk cycle. At first this was a difficult and lengthly process as, due to my inexperience with the programe, and despite having made my run cycle beforehand, I still had not learned that each individual joint needed to be keyframed seperately. This resulted in many scrapped attempts and much rage on my part. Once I got over this however I was then able to make progress. as with my run cycle I looked on the internet first to find decent visual references.
     http://www.animationarchive.org/?p=2091 This site uses examples from a book by Preston Blair, who we learnt about in one of our group sessions, this was was helpful just as a brief visual guide to different styles of character.
     http://www.idleworm.com/how/anm/02w/walk1.shtml I used the image on this site to help me time out the various steps of my animation, and to achieve the desired style.

     Whilst I think this was a reasonable effort for my first real attempt, after a crit session I was made aware that while the overall walk style was reasonable, I had not kept my characters footing flat against the ground within its walk, which be visually damaging were we to use it further. This will therefore need to be addressed before I submit this cycle. I will also tweak it further in a few small areas, eg, hip swivel as the legs move, in order to make it look as fitting as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment