Saturday 25 February 2012

Progress Update- Just Like I Promised

     I spent more time today working on my jump cycle, as well as going over my walk and run cycle with the intention of finishing off my animation work for this project.


     Here you can see my stages of progress from last night's work, to my updated version today where I have integrated the rest of the arm movement. I used the following video throughout this cycle as a reference to help me get it right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywvTf5uVbs&feature=relmfu
     Out of all the cycles I found the jump in particular to be the hardest when it came to creating something that was both realistic, and representative of my original idea. Saying this, I have still very much enjoyed the animation part of this project and will therefore be dedicating my own time, after our hand in date, to work on my progress in Maya, starting with jump animations. (I would particularly like to try the somersault again.) Something else that has been highlighted through my work in animation is the importance of a good understanding of antomy and how things move. This makes it unquestionably easier when it comes to recognising visual descrepancies in your work, and suggests that regular life drawing sessions will definately improve future work.

No comments:

Post a Comment